01 02 03 HYPERFASHUN: Faces from Maltina 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Faces from Maltina

34
Not too long ago i was part on the style team for maltina dance all season 5 along with amazing stylist Bolaji Animashaun. We styled the presenter Kemi Adetiba throughout the duration of the show. Styling for TV is so much more different from Red carpet events or  LookBooks. There's so much to put into consideration. Things like fabric choice, colours and accessories. A piece might look amazing on ground but as soon as it gets in front of the camera... it just washes out!! 

There are just some colours that don't do so well on TV. White especially is really tricky. Also you wanna make sure that as much as you want your client to look great, you don't want their personality to be lost in your choice of looks. For example if your client absolutely hates to wear yellow or maybe long sleeves.. don't bring it to him/her no matter what you think. You know why? They are not gonna be comfortable and when a client isn't comfortable in an outfit it just shows. They don't own the look and your whole 'Einstein" is put to waste. OK! this is turning into a tutorial. 

 I had so much fun. We taped on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The week usually involved pulling looks and doing fittings before each taping. Some days were great and some were crazy. I remember this particular day.. it was raining up a storm in Lagos and i stupidly decided it was a good day to drive. (I hate driving btw). I couldn't see a thing! I wanted to just park somewhere and take a nap or smth till the rain subsided but i couldn't. People were waiting on me and i was waiting on designers too. Cos on this particular day, somehow, all the clothes i needed were still being made. I think i got to the designers and got to the location in a haze. I can't really remember how i managed that day. Crazy! 

But seeing the end result is always a delight for me. Maltina had the coolest crew as well. I actually miss everyone. The high point of every evening was dinner. Initially i wasn't gonna break my "no alcohol" thing but that later went in the can. There was so much food and Maltina around me. I managed to put on some weight which i haven't still gotten rid off. 

Here are the very few photos i managed to take. My camera decided to embarass itself most of the time so.. Anyway expect a detailed style post with all the outfits on www.stylehousefiles.com.



Kemi  




With choreographer, Janell Burgess she was one of the judges and Vincent Cariati the director


Stylist Isi came around as well 


I enjoyed working with her. she tells you exactly what she wants. Very helpful

 With Kemi's make up artist Mano (can u see how long my nose is in this photo? )

 Guys from Neo-Media the event organisers. Yomi thank you so much for all the Maltina!

 Peace, Love and Sequins.
35 36 37 38