01 02 03 HYPERFASHUN: FUN DAY AT GREY VELVET 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

FUN DAY AT GREY VELVET

34

The Lagos weather in recent times  can only be described with one word. HOT! I even got a text from some boutique asking me to come shop for clothes to beat the heat. True Story. So imagine my joy when on the way to the Grey Velvet launch this past weekend, it started to rain so heavily like Mother Nature knew we needed to cool down.

It was a very fun event  at the Ikeja City mall. Hadn’t been there since it opened so I was glad to go especially as it also doubled as an opportunity to hang with my bff.  It was very inspiring being in the company of so many beautiful people. How can you not be inspired by fashion? Its so cool how women in Nigeria love to dress up. 

Grey Velvet is essentially a retail store. They carry about 15 designers at the moment . There’s Republic of Foreigner, Ejiro Amos Tafiri, Dehadza, Remi Lagos, Bebe Grafiti, RN Jewelz, Virtue Clothiers, House of Farrah, DOT, Nick and Grace, Isi Brown, Xclamations, Design for Love, T.T Dalk, Kiki Kamanu and a couple of others are expected to join them




Excuse the blurred image. i do not laud my photo skills

 Cute shoes from Dehadza.

Had the chance to run into a stylist who’s work I admire. Tayo Shonekan.  She’s such a pleasant lady and we had some very meaningful convo. That’s her handbag in this photo. Love the fringe detail.


 I also met Ono Bello, whose PR company was in charge of the event. During the event they had models walk around in some of the designer pieces and for a second I wanted to rush back stage and be immersed in the chaos. Lol

Ono is so tall she had to go down abt 10ft in order not to dwarf the hell out of us.

Grey Velvet is essentially a retail store. They carry about 15 designers at the moment . There’s Republic of Foreigner, Ejiro Amos Tafiri, Dehadza, Remi Lagos, Bebe Grafiti, RN Jewelz, Virtue Clothiers, House of Farrah, DOT, Nick and Grace, Isi Brown, Xclamations, Design for Love, T.T Dalk, Kiki Kamanu and a couple of others are expected to join them.

 Fola and I fell in love with this cropped blouse from Ejiro’s line and decided to get them in different colours. Can’t wait to take mine out.

Afterwards  we decided to look around the mall. I especially wanted to see Mr Price as I’ve heard so many nice things about the place and blogged about it before.

I fell in love with this earth toned lace skirt. It was so lovely, I didn’t wanna take it off and put my pants back on. The thought of it sitting in my wardrobe right now gives me joy. 


They've also got lovely accessories. Found this cocktail ring with the Fuschia thing going on.


Here's a better view of the Ejiro Amos Tafiri blouse

 Front
 Back

 They gave out cute Coco Phones at Grey Velvet.

Later Loves

35 36 37 38