01 02 03 HYPERFASHUN: MY WEEK IN PICTURES 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

MY WEEK IN PICTURES

34
Hiya, 

Hope your week has been ok. Mine.... Phew! Haven't been able to properly rest in days but I love my job so not gonna complain.

A prospective client of mine Trish O Couture (I will be handling PR for the brand an area Of fashion I'm gently easing into) showed a new collection at the just concluded Ecowas Fashion week. I had to style and co-ordinate the collection. She showed on Saturday and Sunday. Here are a few behind the scenes photos from the show. Prior to the show, there had been pre-fittings and I was brought in sort of last minute so... *smiling* I got to the final fittings on the day of the show and I had to change a lot of things and some of the models weren't so pleased that their dresses were being switched you know...*smiling* BUT it was for the overall good of the show and so everyone could look better. Eventually after hair and makeup, everything looked perfect. These are backstage pictures taken with my Ipad. Will bring you professional runway photos soon. Were you at the show? What did you think? Let me know. Oh I also changed the makeup last minute. Lips only though. So the girls went out in a different lip colour from what you see here.The craziness that goes on backstage. You guys don't EVEN wanna know lol. The makeup artist must have mentally shot me in the head a thousand times lol. But you what... When we all see professional runway photos at the end of the day.. It makes us love each other and our jobs. 




The designer Patricia Onumonu in the middle. Love her dress.

Later in the week on a much saner day... I had to supervise a post event press shoot for the collection. Sneak peak



Love the collection!

While at this shoot I had to leave twice to another pre shoot meeting with a very private client so I cant really mention a name at this point. But her shoot happened this week too and it was amazing. As a woman when I have to style older sophisticated women i get star struck. Fo real! And they are not your regular celebrities. Like you know those type women that are late 30s or 40- something and have spent decades collecting fashion and you just want to die in their closets!!! They are fit from working out over the years, drink a lot tea, have a lot of shoes and are just plain out of this world. Damn I love my job!

Re-united with my personal superstar friend and celeb makeup artist Dave Sucre who gave his absolute best on the shoot. I think together we were both in awe of our client. Lol. Amazing shoot overall. So sorry I can't share any photos from her shoot yet. She's private and royal like that!


Oh yes another highlight of my week. I spent a day at the Spice tv studios filming two episodes for Spice Most. It was basically me giving my opinion on a list of Stylish Actors and then the second episode was Stylish Artistes both African. They had a list so they would just mention the names and I'd comment. Tried to be as honest as possible so yay! Look out for it. Spice is on Dstv ch 192 and they have amazing content I have to say. I mean if you were interested, curious or want to get involved in our budding fashion industry, then you want to stick to the station. Andddd I have gotten over...like I'm so over my fear of being in front of the camera, I just need to loose a few Kilos. 

The crew were so happy with how quickly and easy my recording was. The producer even said "you should be on tv" oh! If only she had seen my 53 extra interview last year.. *hangs head in shame* Life really is a journey.
 
                      Getting mic-ed
I designed and chose the fabric for the cropped top and shorts set I have on. Not so bad if I do say so myself. Lol. White pointees are the new black.


Newsprint jumpsuit is from Biddy's Mondo +2348030767579 and Satin pumps fron TNL ( Things Nigerians Love) +2348131810718 

Hope this was not too long a post to read. Lol

Cheers to the freaking weekend! *grabs duvet* *covers head*















 
35 36 37 38