01 02 03 HYPERFASHUN: RAW STUFF, LOVE TRIANGLES AND FASHION 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

RAW STUFF, LOVE TRIANGLES AND FASHION

34
Ok. Not the raw some of you dirty minds have...But yeah there was a time I thought I could never eat my salad sans cream like what am I a cow? I always assumed the compensation for having to eat raw vegetables was the generous cream dressing. Fast forward to my fitfam obsession nothing is off limits as long as it promises to fight my fat I will grind away like a damn herbivore.The other day I blended my salad into a smoothie and drank it. Me of all people I used to be such a sweet tooth. Truth is at the end of the day it's not that ridiculous or cringe worthy. As a matter of fact I have actually started enjoying it. What is crazy tho is I convinced my mum to try it too. My mum is Naija old school where milo = tea, salads should be lathered with Heinz cream etc She don't got time for wholistic shit. She will eat semo at 10pm like it's normal. So imagine my surprise when I offered her a no cream bowl of salad and she said sure! The world may be coming to an end.



This past weekend on Nigerian social media was rife with cheating tales. Dear Men can we never win with you? *sigh. I really felt bad for Toke Makinwa just because as a fellow woman and someone who has been there personally hell almost every female I know has at least one time been involved in a web of relationship lies/ woes. Deny and let Amadioha strike you. Lol. We can joke about it but it's quite hurtful especially when the whole world makes it their business too. *cringe! 

Let me say this yeah, In this life for whatever reason we are attracted to a beautiful picture. We love love, we all want to be seen as stable, want our relationships with the opposite sex to be sincere etc. we are so hell bent on a picture that often times, we subconsciously place people on a pedestal that they do not deserve and fail to see reality even when it's knocking us on the head. So for instance you have a boo who uses "I" all the time but you prefer to use "we" and then you go ahead and think you're in a relationship? Well maybe with yourself. 



Then there's the very common one. The ones that never pick up the phone to call. Excuse me? Who is he calling, is he busier than the president? These are regular red flags. Then you graduate to those men that seem to have drama around them either a baby mama, an ex they tell you is a clingy or someone that won't let them be. Lies lies lies!

 If this is you pls just pour a bucket of cold water on your head and wake up! Truth is and I'm talking from experiencing both sides. A guy that is thinking of you WILL call you and you'll even loose count of how many times a day or week. C'est fini.  A man that is serious will definitely not let you into his baby mama drama, crazy ex bullocks. If you ignore all this signs, then you're setting yourself up to be embarrassed in the future. And there are cases where it all checks out fine but one way or the other he still embarrasses you. It's still ok. The devil finds a way to use people sometimes. Especially them. Personally I always say Men will be men. Just pick a lesser evil and one you can live with.

The one I find most ridiculous is when women feel like they won a kind of race. Like he picked me over all the hoes. You are not an option! It's ridiculous. Men truly need to do better. I had this one ex who at a time, everything that came out of his mouth was just lies upon lies. My god. I can laugh now but it definitely wasn't funny then. It's like I blinked and I was caught up in a love triangle where after every 12 hours my position rotated from boo, to ex-boo then to 'I choose you boo' and the cycle went on and on. Of course there was the story of the other female being "clingy" and "crazy". I'm sure the same was being said about me too. In situations like this I think the best thing to do which I did eventually is to put your emotions aside, analyse your situation, remember your upbringing and save yourself. 



Cool story... so that period yeah I saw online where one of us dedicated a song I really liked to this fellow and I was so pained and for years everytime I listened to the CD I would skip the song. Fast forward to few years ago I was about skipping the song in my car when I said...you know what ...I really like this song. I'm not going to skip it and then weird I know but I just started laughing hysterically like  stupid girl almost ruined a BeyoncĂ© song for me. Lmao. Shiiiiiiiii.

 I don't know if this helps anyone but one of the easiest ways to heal for me is radio silence and it helped me that period. I'm talking a bunch of missed calls, text msgs, bb msgs and all was met with radio silence then it would go to insults and I'll just laugh like even if you insult my mother It would still be radio silence. Of course there were times when I was bugged into a response but I made sure it never lead back to constant communication. 

Yes onto some fashion. At the just concluded Graduate Fashion week in the UK early this month I was really impressed with the work of Yasmeen Uddin from xxxxx university. I followed as many of the shows as I could online and there were so many great talents. The theme for Yasmeen's collection was 'who are you wearing' It featured exaggerated images of famous fashion faces from Grace Jones to Anna Wintour on loosely tailored silhouettes.  Loved loved every single piece!


                     Rick Owens

                       Coco Chanel

                     Grace Jones

                       Twiggy

                      Anna Wintour

                    Iris Afpel

Ps: my blog is a personal blog and I love to do random posts and outfit posts. However I will post my work from time to time. But feel free to peep a few on my Instagram @hyperfashun. Mention me and I'll love to follow you right back.

Xoxo.










35 36 37 38